Phase One Test Summaries
Task Number: 5.4.2
Task Title: Development and Evaluation of Analytical Tools for Benchmark and Analytical Investigations
Topical Area: Topical Investigations of Connection Performance
Subcontractor: Helmut Krawinkler
The specific objectives of this task are to:
1. Define local and global response parameters of interest in the nonlinear analysis of steel moment frame structures;
2. Devise an electronic data base for acquisition, manipulation and statistical interpretation of information on these response parameters obtained from a wide variety of analyses conducted throughout the Phase 2 project;
3. Assess a compilation of computer program capabilities suitable for analysis of complete buildings and connections;
4. Develop a "bench mark frame" that can be used to assess the accuracy, efficiency and practicability of available computer programs;
5. Use the "benchmark frame" to assess a commonly available computer
program, including a element model capable of simulating beam fracture,
and to develop software to transfer response data from this program into
the prescribed format needed for the Phase 2 project's analysis database.
The detailed breakdown of the technical activities in this task are provided in the workstatement available here.
|SAC Steel Project | 1301 S. 46th Street | Richmond, CA 94804-4698 | email@example.com | +1 510-231-9557 | +1 510-231-5664 fax